Conditioning Your Betta Fighter
Betta fish fighter is one who is very sensitive to changes in water or place of residence. Usually betta fighter will experience stress when removed from the rearing ponds and transferred into bottles or aquarium. Water that is not suitable or too high pH will cause fighter betta be easily attacked by diseases. Therefore the players, farmers and ordinary fighter betta hobbyist mixing Indian Almond Leaves (IAL) into water that is used to treat betta fighter.
Indian Almond Leaves (Terminalia Catappa) also known as Ketapang Leaves are becoming very popular amongst fish keepers/breeders, not just in South-East Asia but around the world, as a natural medicine and water conditioner for aquarium use.
Benefits of Indian Almond Leaves include:
– Natural Water Conditioner. Humic (organis acids) and tannins found in IAL naturally lowers the PH, absorbs harmful chemicals and creates a soothing calm environment
– Natural method of adding trace minerals to water
– Natural anti-inflammatory (derived from Quercetin, a type of flavanoid found in IAL, which is considered to have natural anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties)
– Natural decorative material (fish kept in an environment that mimic their natural habitats tend to grow stronger and heartier)
– Natural food source for dwarf crayfish and shrimp
– Key in the care and breeding of Betta species
How to use Indian Almond Leaves for my fish?
The first step, prepare a few pieces of dried Indian Almond Leaves. Prepare a bucket of clean water. once ready, enter the Indian Almond Leaves into a bucket of water and wash thoroughly.
The second step, squeeze the Indian Almond Leaves are already clean it up a little crushed, then rinse with clean water.
The third step, Indian Almond Leaves ready for drying. Indian Almond Leaves drying under direct sunlight for 2 days or until dry.
IAL is ready for use.
Enter a betta fighter into bottles or jars containing water, then enter IAL taste.
Not long after that the water will change color to brown
Change the water in the jar every 3 days to maintain the condition of the water is always clean so that the fish can always be in good condition.